Monitor real estate recording activity on your property and identity with our Recording Activity Alerts from the Tangipahoa Parish Clerk of Court.
Property Fraud Alert
Scammers file fake deeds, making it appear as if they own homes that are not actually theirs. These scammers then trick people into giving them money to rent or buy those homes. According to the FBI, these types of property fraud are the fastest growing white-collar crime committed in the United States.
Register for Property Fraud Alert for Free
Register to receive free alerts whenever a document such as a deed or mortgage is recorded in Tangipahoa Parish using your name or your business’s name. If you receive an alert about suspicious activity, this early notification can provide valuable time to stop criminals in their tracks. For more information view our downloadable Frequently Asked Questions
Sign Up for Alerts
- Click ‘Sign up now >>’ to begin the registration process.
- Click ‘I Agree’ and then ‘Continue’ in the disclaimer window.
- Enter the name you would like to monitor.
- Enter an email address you would like the alerts sent to.
- Type in a password of your choice, and then confirm by typing it again in the next field.
- Click Create.
*Once you've created an account, you may log in to the website to add conditions and monitor additional names.
If You Receive an Alert
- If a document is recorded that matches your monitoring criteria, you will receive an alert by the end of the day.
- The alert will provide you with an instrument number for the filed document.
- Search the Online Land Records Application to view the actual document.
- You may also call Land Records customer service for assistance at (985) 284-2680.
For Technical Assistance
If you need technical assistance, please call our Information Technology department at 1-985-748-4146.